NYSOTA provides continuing education for courses that are presented at either the state or local district level, and all NYSOTA courses must be presented as an organization event. As such, we are unable to provide continuing education for courses that are not presented through NYSOTA. Instructions on applying to hold your course via NYSOTA are below.
- If you are interested in presenting a statewide course for NYSOTA, contact email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss logistics prior to submitting your application. If you are interested in presenting at the district level, contact the district in which you are interested in presenting. Contact information can be located at www.nysota.org. Completed applications must be received a minimum of three months prior to the preferred course date.
- Access application and AOTA Classification Code sheet at www.nysota.org.
- Forward completed application via e-mail to NYSOTA at email@example.com. Please "cc" the district contact you have been in touch with so they are aware of your submission. Only completed application will be accepted for review.
- NYSOTA will process application and send acknowledgement letter regarding approval to presenter. The approval process for completed applications can take as long as three weeks.
For questions, please contact:
- NYSOTA Headquarters
- Continuing Education Committee Chair
Bonnie Fischer-Camara, MS, OTR/L
- AOTA Classification Codes for Continuing Education Activities
- Companion to the AOTA Classification Codes
- Application to Become an AOTA Approved Provider